Wednesday 23 July 2014

Marseille

I've been fortunate to have spent the past couple of weeks with a lovely family and now it's the end of my time here in France. From Parthenay, it took around 10 hours to get to Couges where the family normally stay. One thing I appreciate about London is the frequency buses and trains, instead of running every hour as it does im this town..
I luckily got dropped off at Aubagne ( another town which is around 20 drive from here) in order to get to Marseille St Charles, which is around 20 minutes on the train.
I had the loveliest day and spent it at Notre Dame Cathedral which was about a 20 minute walk from Vieux Port. The walk up was steep and you'd definately need a strong pair of legs for it!
Was it worth it? You can see for yourself. Despite the climb in the strong heat and being drenched in sweat. The view was idyllic and truly picturesque. Within the cathedral there is a crypt and even a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment